Hibbs and Heeks Pet Center Blog

Hibbs and Heeks Pet Center Blog offers commentary, articles, pet care tips, pet news and stories from other pet owners. You are encouraged to offer comments and stories of your pets for others to enjoy. We look forward to hearing from you.

Google

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Working from home with my pets around.

I really enjoy working on the computer and working from my home. I have a routine that I follow on the weekdays. I get up early, get showered, eat breakfast then take my dogs for a walk. After doing my essential morning chores which includes cleaning Hooey's cage and preparing his vegetables for the day, making sure Holly has something to eat and the dogs have water, I go in and start working on the computer. The dogs will mostly take this time to rest but on occasion Heeks will be looking out the window and see someone walking by or something and bark. Half the time I do not even notice the barking because I am caught up in what I am doing. When the dogs want my attention or they need to go out they will come and stand next to my chair until they get my attention.

Hooey is usually quiet during this time too and often takes a nap. He understands what I mean when I say I have to get to work. I will usually work for three hours or so before I get up to have lunch. I interact with my pets as I get lunch ready. Then back to work on the computer.

The pets seem to understand when I say I have to get to work. I used to go out to work and I think they know that work means that I am busy. They know the computer sounds too, especially when it is being shut down. I have it set to sound like the ocean before it shuts off and the pets know that sound means I am no longer working.
I am sure you have stories about your pets if you work at home. Please feel free to add your observations to the comments section. I would love to hear from you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home