Hibbs and Heeks Pet Center Blog

Hibbs and Heeks Pet Center Blog offers commentary, articles, pet care tips, pet news and stories from other pet owners. You are encouraged to offer comments and stories of your pets for others to enjoy. We look forward to hearing from you.

Google

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Blogamation

This word is my little attempt at blog humor! I would like to have my blog be lighthearted and fun for those who are interested in reading my thoughts.

I write a newletter that usually goes out once a month although I must admit it is not always on time due to many distractions I allow myself to become involved in. One of the biggest distractions at this time is to try and find a part time job that will allow me to make some money to help with my household finance while still allowing me time to work on my website and now this blog.

Here is one of the articles from my newsletter I hope you will enjoy. It has been published in several other places but I am going to add it here too!

Cats are beautiful.

I think that cats are beautiful. Not only in physical appearance but in spirit as well. Cats have been worshipped in many civilizations and religions through out history. I am sure that part of the reason for that is because they are just beautiful. Isn't it amazing when you look your cat in the eyes how bright they are. Holly has green eyes that are just like saucers in her adorable face. They have small noses that can do a big job at sniffing and whiskers that sparkle in the light. Cats ears are really cool too the way they can rotate around to pick up sounds. Sometimes Holly will be listening so something with her ears back and she reminds me of an eagle. Ah ha, a catbird!!

Usually cats have such soft and smooth fur that it is a joy to pet them. Who needs a fur coat, if you have a cat to pet you are going to get the pleasure stroking a fur coat might bring you. Purring is such a sound of contentment. When you are petting your cat and it is purring you know that you are bringing as much enjoyment to your cat as your cat brings to you. They rub against you and claim you as their own. It is nice to know that you are your cats prized possession.

Holly talks a lot too. She will meow when I come into a room and often times will stretch out showing her delight at seeing me. Cats are almost always receptive to affection which they always return. Sometimes they are independent and standoffish but if you do just a little coaxing they will inevitably respond to your loving intentions and come to you unless something has scared them into hiding. A soft touch and a calm demeanor will keep you in a cats scope of well loved individuals. I think cats are beautiful, what about you?

Written by Donna for Hibbs and Heeks September 2004 Newsletter

Hope you liked it! Have a great day!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home