Hibbs and Heeks Pet Center Blog

Hibbs and Heeks Pet Center Blog offers commentary, articles, pet care tips, pet news and stories from other pet owners. You are encouraged to offer comments and stories of your pets for others to enjoy. We look forward to hearing from you.

Google

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Pets offer emotional support.

There have been many different studies conducted that prove that pets can provide comfort to people. It has been said that people in nursing homes that had to leave a pet behind sorely miss the comfort of their pet. Many nursing homes have people who bring pets by to visit the residents and a definate improvement in the residents mood can be seen. I totally understand this because my pets often make me feel better.
Heeks is my little shadow. She follows me where ever I go around the house and she seems to always be gauging my mood. If I get upset about something she comes right over to me with her tail wagging. She will then jump up on me with a look that seems to say "Are you alright?" Most of the time just by her doing that I feel better.
It is obvious that many other people feel comfort from their pets. Just look at the pet industry in this country. People spend a lot of money providing for their pets health, pets enjoyment and quality of life. We buy toys, beds, treats, fancy collars, and sometimes even clothes and shoes. Pets become part of our family and sometimes a substitute for children if children are not an option in our lives. When my daughter got older and moved out on her own getting Hibbs eased the empty nest syndrome I was suffering from. Dogs require care and caring for Hibbs satisfied my maternal need. I have always been the "motherly type" so caring for my pets gives me joy. That is not to say that getting and caring for a pet is for everyone. It works for me. Has there been an experience in your life where a pet has made a big difference? If you would like to share leave a comment to this entry for others to enjoy!


Donna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home